Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Posterity

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost my Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." John Adams

This past Saturday, Jeff took us to the rodeo in little ol' Butler Georgia. When the National Anthem was sung, I felt the familiar swell of pride for our country until the vocalist came to the last line.
"O say does that star spangled banner yet wave, o'r the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

I started sobbing. Jeff looked at me as if I had lost my mind, but right then it hit me that the answer was a resounding "No". I never thought I'd see the day when America was no longer the land of the free, but that day has come.

As a very private person, the idea of blogging has never been entirely appealing, but I have reached a point where I just need to express all these thoughts that go through my head each day.

I would go on now, but the chickens need tending, the garden needs tilling and the dishes aren't washing themselves. More to come....

1 comment:

  1. I tear up too, with the way America is being destroyed from within.
    I'm very private too, hence the "bunni".

    You're a great writer, so blogging will be a fun outlet for you, and you'll find lots of like minded people on here! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete