According to their findings, the law includes:
- $569 billion in higher taxes
- $529 billion in cuts to Medicare
- swelling of the ranks of Medicaid by 16 million
- 17 major insurance mandates
- the creation of two new bureaucracies with powers to impose future rationing: the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute and the Independent Payments Advisory Board
The law gives almost dictatorial powers to the HHS secretary whose judgments "can’t be challenged either administratively or through the courts."
Don't even get me started on Donald Berwick, Obama's recess appointment as the new head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This guy admits that Government health care is a redistribution of wealth and is in love with the British system--the British system that is failing and is going to be cut drastically this year.
Nancy Pelosi said congress would have to pass the law so we could find out what's in it. The more we find, the more it stinks.