Monday, May 3, 2010

Rainy, Rainy Day

The title says it all.

It has poured all day.

When the power hadn't come back on by lunchtime, I sent the kids out back to build us an ark. No, seriously, I didn't. We had far too little energy for strenuous labor.

On the What's-going-on-in-the-world front, the "other hand" is up to so many things it sets my head to spinning. We have the oil spill which the regime seems to be ignoring long enough to declare no drilling. Ever. Ah-nold took the bait and announced today that there would be no drilling off California.


I have promised a Goldman Sachs update for over a week now, and I was in the middle of trying to untangle that bed of snakes when they popped back in with Cap and Trade and the Chicago Climate Exchange and Fanny Mae owning the carbon tracking technology to tax us all into oblivion.

Along those lines, we had Earth Day, which if the greenies had their way would be bigger than Christmas, I'm sorry, that would be x-mas to them. This whole Green/Climate change movement is just a way to control the people while at the same time replacing God with Earth. I think people are waking up to the former (although perhaps too late). The latter sends me into a whole other topic about removing God for all aspects of our lives and discounting the importance of character.

On a day like today, rambling is about all I have in me. I'll leave you with one final thought. As we were finishing up the coop this weekend I was looking closely at the girls and thinking how they reminded me of different people. Take for example the Barred Rock.



Who reminds me of this woman.


Polish Lady in Sensible Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment