Thank you Gail Ellen for this delicious recipe! She made a couple changes to the original above to make it a little bit healthier.
- 2 lb zucchini cut in 3/4 inch x 3 inch sticks
- 7 carrots cut in 3/4 inch sticks
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (we used cream of mushroom and added bits of leftover roasted chicken)
- 2 c (16 oz) seasoned bread stuffing mix
- 4T melted butter (the original called for a cup. Add more if you don't worry about your weight or your cholesterol)
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1 c sour cream
Saute carrot and onion until they begin to soften. Add zucchini and continue cooking until soft. Add sour cream and soup. Toss stuffing with butter. Spread 1/2 inch of stuffing in the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Layer with vegetable/soup mixture then cover with the remaining stuffing.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
The casserole can be prepared a day ahead and baked before serving.